Summer rain!

Those droplets ran down on my window pane
Some desperate to make their way in
While some just brushed aside by the wind
The Sun still shone bright in the rain...

The petrichor mesmerized me
As my furry kid danced in the balcony,
She howled with the thunder...
As if asking me, “Mamma, why is the shower outside?", I wonder!

This heat won’t last long, I sense,
Just few more days, when I see such rain again…

Thoughts cloud my already clouded mind
I ponder on the days spent here in delight...

Yes, there is a sense of belonging, if I may
But life always has a different plan, they say..
Counting the days starting today,
Making memories as the raindrops continue to play...
(My windows needed a wash anyway 😛)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Was I...???

In fond memories of Capt. Nikhil Jadhav...

Help yourself